Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Wii Fit WHAT?


If you're not over the age of 60, I have decided that you should not use a Wii Fit as your source of exercise. Ya, ya, I know. "It's a great way to get started," "Not everyone can run," "I don't have money for a gym membership," "I get bored working out."

Bullshit. You're lazy, and want to have some type of "game" to make working out "fun." Guess what, it's not supposed to be FUN. Working out. Gee, what's the root of the term? Oh, I know: WORK. Fitness is fun purely by the end goal. To be fit, lean, and healthy.

I applaud those "Active Older Adults" (a term used here at work), for using their Wii Fits. Those AOA's like my in-laws. My father-in-law has had a stroke, a heart attack and is in his mid 60's. He GETS something out of his Wii fit, as it's used as a rehab tool. But, one more thing- he also has a Gazelle in his house which gets as much use.

Back to my original paragraph: All of the excuses people have for why a Wii Fit is better than traditional excercises just shows me how the American/ Western cultures are placing true health as a lower priority to the "get-fit-quick" schemes. Even the FDA approved Ali. So, if people would rather take a pill that makes them shart themselves and "workout" using a video GAME, so be it. I on the other hand, will work on eating better and persuing a healthy lifestyle.

Even Laura Croft didn't get her curves by playing video games.



ps
You're phucking kidding me, right? Ya, this is definitely a "work out."

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

amen!

Michele said...

At least he had a matching workout outfit. I don't know to feel sorry for his wife because he's a fat tool or because he's obviously horrible in the sack. Who moves their hips like that?!

TELL3131 said...

I do all of my Ironman training on the Wii. I haven't been outside in 2 1/2 years.

Anonymous said...

Flor Del Sol wrote this about you on a private message to mrskstwo on the realie board. Just thought you'd like to know. Nice blog.

"corky is my friend, and i think she's a good person with hotheaded views on things. i think everyone has issues that they're passionate about and hard-headed about...i think everyone on this board had hot buttons i guess. i agree that she was rude today, but i think others were as well. she probably wins the "rudest" award though...at least for today. a lot of the girls have been out for blood lately, IMHO, so i'm trying to steer clear of all of that as much as i can"