Monday, January 19, 2015

14 Week Organizing Challenge: A Bowl Full of Lemons

Disarray. Disorder. Disorganized. I can definitely Dis on my neat and tidy skills. You see, I live with an OCD husband. No, not like "Oh my gawd, I need my beauty magazines stacked together and my MAC lipsticks lined up. Oh, I'm SO OCD," you might hear from a sorority girl, but a true, OCDer. As in, has his clothing laundered and pressed then hangs t-shirts exactly the same way by type and color.  Thankfully my Husband Dearest is mostly in control and does a good job keeping a lid on what I refer to as, "the cray cray." Side note, calling it "the cray cray" also makes him cray cray. I just like to push that big red button.

As you can expect, a house with three dogs, two small humans, a hot mess and a mostly put together husband can be a bit of a cluster when it comes to keeping things organized. Our house is always CLEAN. Floors swept, dusted, pledged (unless it's after meal time, shit gets strewn everywhere when E3 is eating). But, if you look closely, you'll notice that what you see isn't what you get. That's why when a house guest asks what cabinet they can find something in I usually stop them from searching.

I have clothes piled on my shelves, I have stacks of receipts for my Etsy shop that need filed, mountains of fabric in big containers, the boys have overflowing closets of toys, and my pantry is a damn disaster.

Thus, in an effort to make my life easier in the long run and save some of Husband Dearest's sanity, I have decided to take on the A Bowl Full of Lemon's 14 Week Organizing Challenge.  The blogger outlines step by step instructions for each week. Week 1 is the kitchen, excluding the pantry.  I'm told I have to show before pictures. As this is the night before I officially begin the purge, here's what my kitchen typically looks like at the start of the week:






As I mentioned; clean, but cluttered. My under the sink area and tupperware cabinets are the worst. Throughout the week I'll be working on this scramble-bamble and will hopefully have something darling to post next Sunday.

No comments: