Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Wedding Vendor Review

Vendor Review:

Ceremony, Reception, and Rehearsal dinner site:
James P Davis Hall, Wyandotte County Lake KCK B

The site was super beautiful and was perfect for our themed wedding. However, the parks and rec department was difficult to work with, and the mandatory parks rangers “security” the night of the event were kind of jerks to my guests. Also, they told my mom that everything had to be mopped up and cleaned, so she and my DOC stayed and cleaned everything, instead of just cleaning off the tables and trash per the agreement. Later, the groundskeeper said they didn’t need to do any of that, but the rangers had already told them to. Also, I paid for the fireplaces to be lit, and they never were. It wasn’t a big deal since it was warm outside, but, I would have liked a refund immediately. The site itself is a jewel and I’m so happy to have found it. It was $200 cheaper by having a friend that lives in WyCo sign the rental agreement with me as well. The rehearsal rental cost was $100 (when booked a week in advance. Earlier than that and it’s full price.). For the rental from 8am to Midnight the day of the wedding the rental price was $400 plus a $200 deposit. ‘Couldn’t have found anything for that pricing elsewhere.

Flowers and Décor:
Artistic Flowers, Belton/Peculiar, MO C-

Pricing was good and my original meeting with the florist was great. The flowers at the wedding looked good, but the color wasn’t as bright in the bridesmaids lilies (they were a pale orange, instead of the vibrant color I wanted). My bouquet was exactly what I pictured, and the boutenierrs and corsages looked great. My issue: I tried to call to confirm our order six weeks out, and the phone numbers were disconnected, and the shop front was closed up! After many emails I finally got a response that he was now working out of his home and “forgot” to notify me. Very very unprofessional!! But, the florist, Don, did come thru on the wedding day.

Catering:
McGonigle’s Randy Ross, KCMO A
http://www.mcgonigles.com/

Inexpensive, easy to work with. Everything was just as it was supposed to be and they even provided linens. Super great job.

Cake:
Meg’s Lady Cakes, Lawrence, KS A
www.megsladycakes.com

Megan took my vision and put her own spin on it. It was exactly as I saw it. Good contruction, and flavors to DIE for. We had red velvet and spice cake. She did a phenomenal job.


Rentals:
Accent Rentals, KCMO B
www.accentrentals.com


They had a good product. Delivered and picked up on time, but I found it to be rather pricy when the overtime delivery was added in.

Music:
KC Discjockeys Inc C
http://kcdjforyou.com/

I had booked with Frank, and was told he personally would be doing the event. Then, I got a call from another dj two weeks before saying he was doing the event and wanted to go over our music selections. This was fine. We met and everything seemed ok. Then I got a call right before rehearsal saying he wouldn’t be there even though it was my understanding he would be. Ryan, our dj, also did the ceremony music. He had A LOT of issues with feedback during the ceremony and stopped the wedding party processional early, and our bm/moh pretty much walked down the aisle in silence. There was feedback during my bridal processional, and he stopped the song when it was supposed to be let played.

During the reception he kept coming up and asking me questions, when he was already given a timeline. I finally told him that he needed to talk to our DOC because I didn’t have answers and didn’t care. Basically, to leave me alone. The dance floor never really got moving- there would be a good song played, then a bad song that would clear the floor, and that repeated thru the evening. Whatever.

Photography/Videography:
Monika Herbert/ Trevor Hawkins A++
www.Monphotography.com

My favorites. Super affordable and wonder packages. Seriously, this duo (an engaged couple) did an AMAZING job. I can’t sing their praises enough. I’m excited to get all of the pictures back!

DOC:
Suzanne Arnold OCCASIONS Louisberg, KS A+

Suzanne took charge of everything rehearsal/ceremony/reception related the week of the wedding. She was awesome.

No comments: